“How can I control the negative affects of arrogance and desires in my life so that I don’t waste this opportunity to absorb the Quran and so that I can make a positive change in my life?”
I can control the negative affects of arrogance and desires in my life by constantly reminding myself that Allah has created me for no other purpose but to worship Him. I can overcome these negative affects by constantly engaging in the remembrance of Allah and by staying in the company of righteous people . In this way I can develop taqwah. The more I stay away from evil and the more I engage in good, the more I will be able to overcome all types of negative affects that come in between me and my religion. Desires in this world can be overcome by constantly reminding myself that this world is fleeting and that the Hereafter is our final abode and in order for me to achieve good in this life I will have to avoid all worldly desires as they can give me only benefit in this world. This way I can absorb the teachings of the Quran and make a positive change in my life and be better prepared for the Akhirah.
- Follow QR | Qur'an Reflections on WordPress.com
About Quran Reflections [QR]
Quran Reflections is a collection of thoughts and experiences of students of the Holy Quran. The blog aims to educate and inspire others to realize the beauty and significance of Allah's Book so that it may also impact the lives of many more around the world.
- Lessons I learned from Surah Al- Baqarah
- Reflecting on Surah Al-Isra:66-77
- Miracle of Birds
- Signs in the Universe:An-Nahl(The Honey Bee)
- Alternation of Day and Night
- About Us
- The Importance of Time Management
- Answered Questions by Students: Surah Al-Fatihah and Al-Baqarah 1- 29
- The Concept of Fun in Islam
- For Every Problem Lies a Solution