Do I procrastinate in the matter of deen?
I do procrastinate A LOT in the matter of deen. I procrastinate when it comes to :
Keeping missed fasts : I remember I had planned to do it this year after Ramadan. I would think the day is long, I’ll wait for a while till it’s shorter. Then I would make up excuses like I’m losing weight so I’ll do it at a time when I’ve put on weight. I find it really hard to fast so I keep making up excuses and procrastinating, but the fact is that if you do it for the sake of Allah, it becomes easy for you. The only thing that keeps me from keeping missed fasts is laziness. I should start soon as it is obligatory for me to do so.
Keeping vows: At times of difficulties I’ve vowed to keep fasts. I procrastinate a lot when it comes to fasting already, so it becomes difficult for me and I become lazy again. This is really wrong as it is promises I’ve kept to Allah and its necessary for me keep my vows with Allah.
Repenting: I delay in repenting and don’t do it daily. I should remember that death can come anytime and I need to repent before it’s too late.
Acts of Good: I received a hadith via sms today, the gist of which was ‘Rush towards opportunities to do good before the coming of seven things. ’ Mentioned in it were death, the day of Judgment, illness, old Age (due to which one can forget the knowledge they‘ve acquired).
- I procrastinate in benefiting others with the knowledge I’ve acquired.
- I procrastinate in reading the Quran once a month.
- I procrastinate in waking up for Tahajjud.
- I procrastinate in keeping the voluntary fasts on the 14th , 15th and 16th of the lunar month.
- I procrastinate in praying Duha prayers.
- I procrastinate in making dhikr daily.
- I procrastinate in sending Durood on Rasool Allah (SAW).
- I procrastinate in performing voluntary salah.
- I procrastinate in giving sadqah.
I keep intending to do all of the above but just keep procrastinating and never get most of them done. These are deeds in which one does not need to put in money and effort and can easily do. When there’s a will there is ALWAYS a way.
May Allah give us the Taufeeq to do all the acts of khair that we intend to do, make up for those acts which we’ve missed and keep all our vows. May Allah make it easy for us to do each. AMEEN.