How can I make my long-life beneficial?
Reflecting on Surah Ash-Shu’ara 192-227 by Uzma Jawed,Naheed Baluch
A long life only benefits a person if they use it to do that which pleases Allah. How much of life has been granted to me so far? How much is left? What can I do to benefit the most? List specific goals.
I have alhamdulillah been given 28 years of a healthy, blessed life……so far.
I don’t know how much is left. It could be a second, a minute, a day, a week, a month, a year, or years……..
I need to make the MOST of this life that I have left. And I can make the most of this by:
- Praying sincerely to my Rabb
- Having true well-wishing for others
- Prioritize the important things in my life, like doing Tasbeeh, reading the Qur’an, praying on time, giving Zakat, giving charity
- Smiling a lot
- Saying Salam a lot
- Showing patience
- Showing kindness to others
- Improving my interpersonal skills
- Live my life in accordance to the Quran and Sunnah
- Passing on the important things to my children, my spouse, my siblings, my parents and the rest of my family.
I have been granted a pretty long life of 28 years. I haven’t really used it enough to please Allah. I feel I could have done better. Initially I lived in ignorance and then gradually I did become somewhat a better Muslim. In these years I regret wasting the time I wasted and the sins that I have committed.
As for how much life I have left , Allah knows best. However, I should live every day as if it’s the last. I can best use my life before death but not committing the same mistakes I did in the past and by devising a plan on what I should do and need to do before death. I should also implement this as soon as possible and not wait till I’m older or before its too late. I should also make regular dua and put in effort for implementing this plan. Without these two it won’t be possible to achieve my goals. I should also put this list up somewhere so that it serve as a constant reminder.
Specific goals I hope to achieve before I die:
1. To memorize the whole Quran inshaAllah
2. To teach what I’ve learnt of the Quran to others
3. To try to guide at least one non-believer to Islam
4. Connect my family to Allah
5. Make the best use of everyday and not to waste it