وَعِبَادُ الرَّحْمَنِ الَّذِينَ يَمْشُونَ عَلَى الْأَرْضِ هَوْنًا وَإِذَا خَاطَبَهُمُ الْجَاهِلُونَ قَالُوا سَلَامًا
“And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace,” (63)
وَالَّذِينَ يَبِيتُونَ لِرَبِّهِمْ سُجَّدًا وَقِيَامًا
“And those who spend [part of] the night to their Lord prostrating and standing [in prayer]” (64)
وَالَّذِينَ يَقُولُونَ رَبَّنَا اصْرِفْ عَنَّا عَذَابَ جَهَنَّمَ إِنَّ عَذَابَهَا كَانَ غَرَامًا
“And those who say, Our Lord, avert from us the punishment of Hell. Indeed, its punishment is ever adhering;” (65)
إِنَّهَا سَاءتْ مُسْتَقَرًّا وَمُقَامًا
“Indeed, it is evil as a settlement and residence.” (66)
وَالَّذِينَ إِذَا أَنفَقُوا لَمْ يُسْرِفُوا وَلَمْ يَقْتُرُوا وَكَانَ بَيْنَ ذَلِكَ قَوَامًا
And [they are] those who, when they spend, do so not excessively or sparingly but are ever, between that, [justly] moderate. (67)
وَالَّذِينَ لَا يَدْعُونَ مَعَ اللَّهِ إِلَهًا آخَرَ وَلَا يَقْتُلُونَ النَّفْسَ الَّتِي حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ إِلَّا بِالْحَقِّ وَلَا يَزْنُونَ وَمَن يَفْعَلْ ذَلِكَ يَلْقَ أَثَامًا
“And those who do not invoke with Allah another deity or kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed], except by right, and do not commit unlawful sexual intercourse. And whoever should do that will meet a penalty.” (68)
يُضَاعَفْ لَهُ الْعَذَابُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَيَخْلُدْ فِيهِ مُهَانًا
“Multiplied for him is the punishment on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein humiliated.” (69)
إِلَّا مَن تَابَ وَآمَنَ وَعَمِلَ عَمَلًا صَالِحًا فَأُوْلَئِكَ يُبَدِّلُ اللَّهُ سَيِّئَاتِهِمْ حَسَنَاتٍ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا
“Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.” (70)
وَمَن تَابَ وَعَمِلَ صَالِحًا فَإِنَّهُ يَتُوبُ إِلَى اللَّهِ مَتَابًا
“And he who repents and does righteousness does indeed turn to Allah with [accepted] repentance.” (71)
وَالَّذِينَ لَا يَشْهَدُونَ الزُّورَ وَإِذَا مَرُّوا بِاللَّغْوِ مَرُّوا كِرَامًا
“And [they are] those who do not testify to falsehood, and when they pass near ill speech, they pass by with dignity.” (72)
وَالَّذِينَ إِذَا ذُكِّرُوا بِآيَاتِ رَبِّهِمْ لَمْ يَخِرُّوا عَلَيْهَا صُمًّا وَعُمْيَانًا
“And those who, when reminded of the verses of their Lord, do not fall upon them deaf and blind.” (73)
وَالَّذِينَ يَقُولُونَ رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا
“And those who say, Our Lord, grant us from among our wives and offspring comfort to our eyes and make us an example for the righteous.” (74)
أُوْلَئِكَ يُجْزَوْنَ الْغُرْفَةَ بِمَا صَبَرُوا وَيُلَقَّوْنَ فِيهَا تَحِيَّةً وَسَلَامًا
“Those will be awarded the Chamber for what they patiently endured, and they will be received therein with greetings and [words of] peace.” (75)
خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا حَسُنَتْ مُسْتَقَرًّا وَمُقَامًا
“Abiding eternally therein. Good is the settlement and residence.” (76)
The True Servants of the Merciful are those who:
- Walk humbly on the earth
- When the ignorant behave insolently towards them they say words of peace.
- Spend their nights in prostration and standing before their Lord.
- Pray, “Our Lord, save us from the torment of Hell, for its torment is killing: it is an evil abode and evil resting place.”
- When they spend, are neither extravagant nor miserly but keep the golden means between the two extremes.
- Do not invoke any god besides Allah( ) , nor do they unjustly kill a soul, which Allah has forbidden, nor do they commit adultery.
- He who does this shall be punished for his sin, and his torment shall be doubled on the Day of Resurrection, and he shall abide in a state of ignominy.
Good news for those who want to repent.
- Except, for those who repented (after those sins),believed and did righteous deeds, Allah( ) will change their evil deeds into good deeds.And Allah()is Forgiving and Merciful. And the one who repents and does righteous deeds, returns to Allah() with accepted repentance.
And the Servants of the Merciful are those who:
- Do not bear witness to falsehood.
- If they ever pass by what is vain, they pass by like dignified people.
- Do not behave like the blind and deaf, when the revelation of their Lord are recited to them for admonition.
- Pray, “Our Lord, bless us with spouses and children, who may be a source of comfort to our eyes, and make us leaders of the righteous.”
Reward for the Servants of the Merciful:
- Such people will be rewarded with high places for their fortitude, wherein they will be welcomed with due respect, honour and salutations, wherein they will live forever: what an excellent abode and what an excellent resting place.