بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Reflecting on the Signs in the Universe:
وَاللَّهُ خَلَقَ كُلَّ دَابَّةٍ مِن مَّاء فَمِنْهُم مَّن يَمْشِي عَلَى بَطْنِهِ وَمِنْهُم مَّن يَمْشِي عَلَى رِجْلَيْنِ وَمِنْهُم مَّن يَمْشِي عَلَى أَرْبَعٍ يَخْلُقُ اللَّهُ مَا يَشَاء إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
“Allah has created every [living] creature from water. And of them are those that move on their bellies, and of them are those that walk on two legs, and of them are those that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills. Indeed, Allah is over all things competent.”
[Al-Qur’an – Surat An-Nur (The Light): 45]
Facts About Water:
- Babies and kids have more water (%) than adults : 70-80% water during birth, which drops to 65% after 1 year.
- Obese people have less water (%) than skinny people.
- Women have less water (%) than men.
- At birth, water accounts for approximately 80% of an infant’s body weight.
- Drinking too much water too quickly can lead to water intoxication. Water intoxication occurs when water dilutes the sodium level in the bloodstream and causes an imbalance of water in the brain.
- While the daily recommended amount of water is eight cups per day, not all of this water must be consumed in the liquid form. Nearly every food or drink item provides some water to the body.
- Soft drinks, coffee, and tea, while made up almost entirely of water, also contain caffeine. Caffeine can act as a mild diuretic, preventing water from traveling to necessary locations in the body.
- Somewhere between 70 and 75 % of the earth’s surface is covered with water.
- Of all the water on the earth, humans can use only about three tenths of a percent of this water. Such usable water is found in groundwater aquifers, rivers, and freshwater lakes.
- The average person in the United States uses anywhere from 80-100 gallons of water per day. Flushing the toilet actually takes up the largest amount of this water.
- Approximately 85 % of US residents receive their water from public water facilities. The remaining 15 % supply their own water from private wells or other sources.
- By the time a person feels thirsty, his or her body has lost over 1 % its total water amount.
- Water dissolves more substances than any other liquid. Wherever it travels, water carries chemicals, minerals and nutrients with it.
- The weight a person loses directly after intense physical activity is weight from water, not fat.
اللّهُ الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَأَنزَلَ مِنَ السَّمَاء مَاء فَأَخْرَجَ بِهِ مِنَ الثَّمَرَاتِ رِزْقًا لَّكُمْ وَسَخَّرَ لَكُمُ الْفُلْكَ لِتَجْرِيَ فِي الْبَحْرِ بِأَمْرِهِ وَسَخَّرَ لَكُمُ الأَنْهَارَ
“It is Allah who created the heavens and the earth and sent down rain from the sky and produced thereby some fruits as provision for you and subjected for you the ships to sail through the sea by His command and subjected for you the rivers.”
[Al-Qur’an – Surat Ibrahim (Abrahim): 32]
I thirst for truth.
I thirst for knowledge.
I thirst for guidance.
I thirst for refuge.
Ocean, sea, river, stream
All are gifts from Rabb-Al-Alameen (Lord of the Universes)
Blessings for you and I from the One.
The trees, wind, moon and sun.
Pure, clean, refreshing clear.
When Allah (سبحانه وتعالى )
is in my heart, I have no fear.
O Allah! Wash from me my sins like the sea washes through the shore.
The Qur’an stresses that man was made from both water and dust (clay). Today it is proven by science that these two elements are found in the human body.
Water is an essential element, which is necessary for man’s survival.
Let’s analyze water in the human body:
Water in Human Cell:
A cell is 80% water, 12 % protein, 5 % fat, 2 % nuclear acids, and 1 % carbohydrates and other complicated compounds.
Water in the Human Body:
- 93% of a fetus’s body in the first month is composed of water, which decreases to 60- 75 % when an adult.
- Blood is also composed mostly of water. Water is a key element in the formation of tissue. One ton of live tissue needs 10 tons of water for its formation.
- The proportion of water in cells varies from 60 to 80%. A cell whose basic element is water, is considered a living thing.
- Saliva is 99.4 % water. This water helps in the process of chewing and swallowing.
PERCENTAGE OF WATER IN THE HUMAN BODY
Human Body 75%; Intracellular 50% ; Protoplasm 96% ; Liver Cells 80% ; Bones 30% ; BRAIN 80% ; Crystalline Lens 65% Vitreous Humour 98% ; Blood 91% ; Saliva 99.45% ; Normal Urine 95% ; Lactating Milk 87%.
Though the Qur’an speaks about the details of creation over 1400 years ago, we see through scientific research done just a couple of decades ago that the human body, as well as other creatures, is in fact created from water.