بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
وَإِذَا تُتْلَى عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتُنَا بَيِّنَاتٍ قَالَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لِلْحَقِّ لَمَّا جَاءهُمْ هَذَا سِحْرٌ مُّبِينٌ
‘ And when Our verses are recited to them as clear evidences, those who disbelieve say of the truth when it has come to them, “This is obvious magic.” ‘
[Al-Qur’an – Surat Al-‘Aĥqāf (The Wind-Curved Sandhills): 07]
This ayah (verse) clearly shows that we conveniently do what we like and ignore Allah (سبحانه و تعالى)’s ahkaam (commands). We follow our own desires, justify our own behavior and follow only those ahkaam of the Qur’an that we find easy to follow. So the question that each one of us needs to ask ourselves is:
What is your Hijrah (migration) going to be? How will you leave your comfort zone?
My Hijrah (migration) has to be:
- First and foremost, sacrifice my sleep and be consistent with my Fajr Salah and Tahajjud (night prayer).
- Prioritize and MAKE time for my morning and evening duas.
- Give Qur’an and Salah (prayer), its due Haqq (right).
- Struggle with my nafs (soul), and hopefully succeed in becoming a truly humble slave of Allah (سبحانه و تعالى).
- Remain silent in times of anger, instead of letting my ego get in the way.
- Follow the ahkaam of Allah (سبحانه و تعالى), without trying to justify or make excuses!
May Allah (سبحانه و تعالى), help me leave my comfort zone and strive with true fervor in Allah (سبحانه و تعالى)’s cause! Ameen.